Macmillan Publishers: Must. Push. Buttons! Hardcover
Ever wonder what goes on inside the mind of a toddler?
Are you sure you want to know?
Okay, here goes. . .
I want to put on Mommy's shoes.
Get Mommy's shoes off my feet NOW.
I want to play with Daddy's phone!
I need to push some buttons!
In this high-energy, oh-so-true account of life with a toddler, readers are treated to the unique workings of little minds. Ready?
This book provides a look at the inner workings of a toddler's mind. "You really want to know what he's thinking?… Really? Okay, brace yourself." The boy's off-the-wall thoughts are translated into a frenzied reality as he explores, from trying on his mama's high-heeled shoes to picking up the family pet by its head. His fascination with every button in his house occupies his thoughts. When easily distracted, his attention immediately flits back to his family in dramatic fashion. "'Wait, where's Daddy? Where's the cat? Where' s Mommy? MOMMY LEFT FOREVER!'" The high-energy incredulity of the boy's realizations, such as when he discovers his toes or notices he urinated on himself, dominates each scene until he finally succumbs to sleep. Colors bleed outside of coarse charcoal lines to convey a childlike exuberance. Mixed-media illustrations, from art digitally created by acrylic paints, watercolors, and oil pastels, maintain the loud energy found within the child's home. Even brightly patterned wallpaper adds bold color to the decor. In a manic glimpse into the absence of impulse control, this child's zany exuberance knows no bounds.—Meg Smith, Cumberland County Public Library, Fayetteville, NC
Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Phone: (325) 695-0806
3301 So. 14th St # 35, River Oaks Village Abilene, Texas 79605
Little Giant Kidz is happy to offer free returns for a full item refund to your original form of payment for all eligible items shipped within 14 days of receipt.
Returned items must be in their original conditions - unworn and undamaged, with the security tag still attached, and ideally in original packaging if applicable. If you are a gift recipient and need to make a return, then we will refund you in the form of Little Giant Kidz store credit for any future purchases on our site, if your items(s) is eligible for a return. Please note that some of our items are final sale. Final sale status can be found on the website product listings, in checkout and in your order confirmation, but generally applies to art, furniture, custom-made items, items shipping international, and discounted products.
To process a return, please contact Little Giant Kidz Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
For shipping, please package your unworn, undamaged items, with the security tag still attached, in the box that it was sent in, and affix the return label. To arrange a collection with UPS, contact your local service center at 800-823-7459 or drop off at your local UPS Store.
- Final sale items are not eligible for return. Final sale status can be found on the website product listings, in checkout and in your order confirmation, but generally applies to art, furniture, custom-made items, items shipping internationally, and discounted products.
- Returned items must be shipped back (eg, picked up or processed by UPS/other mail carrier) within 14 days of receipt.
- Returned items must be in their original conditions - unworn and undamaged, with the security tag still attached, and ideally in original packaging if applicable.
- Refunds will be processed back to your original form of payment.
- If you are a gift recipient and need to make a return, then we will refund you in the form of Little Giant Kidz store credit for any future purchases on our site.