Simon & Schuster: Our Flag Was Still There (Hardcover)
“So much to like about this, including the folk art–style artwork with childlike appeal, the emphasis on the women who constructed the flag, and the important ways a symbol can influence a country for generations.” —Booklist (starred review)
From beloved author-illustrator Jessie Hartland comes a whimsical nonfiction picture book that tells the story of the American flag that inspired the poem and our national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
If you go to the Smithsonian in Washington, DC, you can see a massive American flag: thirty feet tall and forty-two feet long. That’s huge! But how did it get there? And where did it come from? Well…
The story of this giant flag begins in 1812 and stars a major on the eve of battle, a seamstress and her mighty helpers, and a poet named Francis Scott Key. This isn’t just the story of one flag. It’s the story of “The Star Spangled-Banner,” a poem that became our national anthem, too.
Dynamically told and stunningly illustrated, Jessie Hartland brings this fascinating and true story to life.
In store shopping: Little Giant Kidz store policy for returns is store credit. Item must be in original packaging and have all tags. Store credit will only will be given within 14 days of purchase.
For online shoppers: Little Giant Kidz is happy to offer online returns for a full item refund to your original form of payment for all eligible items shipped within 14 days of receipt. The customer will be responsible for the return shipping back to the store. (This excludes gear and furniture!!)
Returned items must be in their original conditions - unworn and undamaged, with the security tag still attached, and ideally in original packaging if applicable. If you are a gift recipient and need to make a return, then we will refund you in the form of Little Giant Kidz store credit for any future purchases on our site, if your items(s) is eligible for a return. Please note that some of our items are final sale. Final sale status can be found on the website product listings, in checkout and in your order confirmation, but generally applies to art, furniture, custom-made items, items shipping international, and discounted products.
To process a return, please contact Little Giant Kidz Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
For shipping, please package your unworn, undamaged items, with the security tag still attached, in the box that it was sent in, and affix the return label. To arrange a collection with UPS, contact your local service center at 800-823-7459 or drop off at your local UPS Store.
- Gear and Furniture are not eligible for returns. It will be store credit ONLY with 14 days of purchase!
- Final sale items are not eligible for return. Final sale status can be found on the website product listings, in checkout and in your order confirmation, but generally applies to art, furniture, custom-made items, items shipping internationally, and discounted products.
- Returned items must be shipped back (eg, picked up or processed by UPS/other mail carrier) within 14 days of receipt.
- Returned items must be in their original conditions - unworn and undamaged, with the security tag still attached, and ideally in original packaging if applicable.
- Refunds will be processed back to your original form of payment.
- If you are a gift recipient and need to make a return, then we will refund you in the form of Little Giant Kidz store credit for any future purchases on our site.